NGO CSW/NY is committed to an effective and inclusive work environment. The Executive Committee developed the following agreements to shape the culture of our organization.
- Stay mission driven
- Build a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and honesty
- Be present and fully engaged
- Respect one another - Listen, avoid assumptions, enable different opinions, everyone participates; no one dominates the conversations, stay on schedule; honor time limits
- Commit to open dialogue and transparency
- Honor confidentiality and "I" Statements - speak from your own experience instead of generalizing ("I" instead of "they," "we" or "you")
- Be kind - Avoid gossip, Critique ideas, not people
- Encourage all to shine - Inspire each other
- Seek unity (not separation) -Build people's ideas up rather than knocking them down, refrain from personal attacks
- Be inclusive - Acknowledge that sexism, racism, classism, heterosexism, global North domination and other institutionalized forms of oppression exist.
- Be positive
- Appreciate each other and the work
- Have fun